As we approach Spring, many of us are experiencing skin woes after a long, cold Canadian winter. Dry, chapped, tight skin is common at this time of year and all the worse for those suffering from eczema and other dermatological conditions.
Signs your skin can benefit from treatment:
- Watering Eyes
- Dehydration lines (fine lines and wrinkles)
- Cracking and Bleeding in more severe cases
- Conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne
Symptoms can be eased with:
- Facial and Body Acupuncture Treatments
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Dietary Therapy
- Natural Topical Products
How to resolve these symptoms at home:
- Drink plenty of fresh, filtered, water, at least 8 glasses per day.
- Eat, whole organic food wherever possible
- Limit sugar, refined carbohydrates, caffeine, alcohol
- Use an all natural emollient, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is a great option
- Take a quality Multi Vitamin
- Eat good fats in the form of walnuts, avocados, and fish oils
- Get a good night’s sleep
Steroids and other prescription topical creams do little to address the underlying cause of dehydration, allergies, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, inflammation and malnutrition that lie at the root of many skin conditions. A multi-pronged approach that addresses the whole body is your best bet to restore balance.
Resolving these symptoms with a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine:
Whether you wish to treat a dermatological condition, slow the aging process or work on a preventive level, the principles of Chinese Medicine can help you bring a glow back to your skin from within. Always consult a registered healthcare practitioner before beginning any supplementation regime.
– Advice offered by Dr. Kelly Cmolik
*The information contained is intended for educational purposes and is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent illness or disease.