– by Fatima (Shekoufeh) Hozouri DTCM, RAc
Benefits of acupuncture for women’s health problems have been recorded in ancient Chinese medicine literature for centuries. Many women have encountered some gynecological issues throughout their life, such as problems with their periods, infertility, menopause, etc.
According to principles of Chinese medicine, a person’s health is mostly determined by the quality of their Qi (life force) and blood circulation. When Qi and blood are circulating smoothly, the body is fully nourished, balanced and strong. As soon as there is an interruption to the flow of Qi and blood, symptoms start to appear and the body gets out of balance. Conditions that can be resolved by acupuncture and that we’ve seen at Qi Integrated Health include the following:
– Regulating the menstrual cycle (PMS symptoms)
– Reducing stress and anxiety associated with infertility
– Normalizing hormone and endocrine systems
– Improving blood flow in the uterus
– Decreasing the chance of miscarriage
– Increasing the chance of pregnancy for women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF)
– Helping with symptoms associated with pregnancy (morning sickness, back pain, breech baby, etc.)
– Helping with menopausal symptoms
In addition to acupuncture, your acupuncturist may use other forms of therapy such as ear seed, e-stimulation, cupping and dietary recommendations to help bring your body to its optimum health.
Questions about this article? Contact [email protected]